The Translation Programme of the National Book Centre, National Palace of Culture – Congress Centre Sofia PLC is a contest-based programme, open for applications from publishers around the globe who have an aim to publish fiction and non-fiction by contemporary and classic Bulgarian authors, available in translation in the respective target language for the first time.
NB! THE PROGRAMME HAS TEMPORARY STOPPED ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS!
Act of the Translation Programme
1. National Book Centre’s Translation Programme application form, including a budget table (available form).
2. A copy of rights contract signed with the author of the book or his/her heirs.
3. A copy of rights contract signed with the translator of the book or his/her heirs.
4. A professional biography of the author of the book with his/her most significant works of fiction and/or non-fiction (a short biography, not a CV format, up to 1 000 words).
5. A professional biography of the translator of the book with his/her most significant works of fiction and/or non-fiction (a short biography, not a CV format, up to 1 000 words).
6. An excerpt from the book in the original Bulgarian language (between 5 and 10 standard pages – between 9 000 and 18 000 characters, with spaces).
7. A translation sample of the attached excerpt from the book in the target foreign language (between 5 and 10 standard pages – between 9 000 and 18 000 characters, with spaces).
8. A declaration for aknowledgement and agreement with the rules, conditions and requirements of the programme; for authenticity of the submitted and provided information; for lack of double funding; for no application to and funding for the project from the Ministry of Culture, the National Culture Fund and other schemes for financial support with the participation of the state and the local authorities in the Republic of Bulgaria; for voluntary submission and agreement for processment of personal data; for no conflict of interests (Template No 1).
Please submit the application form and all required attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.